I like the old 50s diners that have neon lights.... old advertising signs.... jukeboxes.... and (sometimes) traffic lights.
In fact, I like that stuff so much that I have often commented that I would like to have a traffic light for my garage. Not a cheap, plastic one mind you - but a real, honest to goodness traffic light.
Now I have searched for them at swap meets and stuff like that, but either they were sold before I got there or they were crazy expensive.
Today is my birthday. When I parked my motorcycle in my garage, this is what I saw.......
Sari bought me a birthday present!
Our friends Nathan and Melanie found the lights at a swap meet in Red Deer and they bought it. Then Nathan made the stand and wired it up for me. It was a great surprise!
So I am thinking that it will not only be a cool display thing, but I can also use it to indicate whether people are welcome in the garage..... green means you are good..... yellow means you better be on your best behaviour.... Red means turn around and leave immediately (I am not sure what the arrow pointing down will indicate but.....)
Anyway, it is a very cool present and it is even nicer to know that people cared enough to remember that I wanted one and then doing the work to make it happen.
Happy birthday to me!
(Ps. All last year - for some reason - I told everyone I was 47.... but I just turned 47 today - so now I feel like I have got a free year here. I am like "Benjamin Button" or something) :)
1 comment:
happy birthday Tim!
Post a Comment