Monday, June 20, 2016

A Small Town Tradition (Blog 11 of 30)

One of the things that I love about living in a small city is that some of the old time traditions still live on. 

For example, it is still a big deal when the fair comes to town.  Sari and went and  walked the midway this evening and we saw half the town out there... and I like that.  I like living in a place where you see people that you know.  I like that kids from Hillcrest (both current and past) run up to Sara excited to see her.  I like that I run into guys from hockey or from the speedway.

Obviously, big cities have a lot more to offer, but small towns are hard to beat when it comes to relationships... and that is one thing that makes the yearly fair fun.

Well, that and caramel apples!  :)

No comments: