Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Progress or The reason I have not written a more interesting blog (blog 8 of 30)

When I was a kid, I drove old junky cars all the time.  The good part about that was that at least you could fix them.  If you needed to change the thermostat, you could do it in like 30 minutes - tops!

On the weekend, the belt on Katelyn's car broke.  I got a new one and went to put it on only to realize that I needed a special tool.  Thanks to a friend, I found someone who would loan me one.  What could be better???  $21 for a belt and she would be back on the road in no time.

THREE AND A HALF HOURS LATER I finally got the belt on!!!!  But not before I had to take the front passenger side tire off.... take away all the plastic ick underneath the car..... contort myself like a circus performer.... and become very frustrated.

Even the magical "special tool" did not work!  I could not for the life of me get it in the right spot to make it work.  After several hours, I just quit and went to bed.

But I am determined (or stubborn) and went back at it today..... and I finally got the belt on..... but I had to create my own "special tool" to do it.

So, the moral is either......

    A.  Things are regressing not progressing (On an old car you can change an alternator belt in 10 minutes).

    B.  Good things happen when you keep trying

    C.  I am obviously too cheap to pay someone who knows what they are doing to fix something and would rather tear up his arms, get mad and take a couple of years off of his life expectancy simply to save the $120 the shop would have charged him to do this.

    D.  There is no feeling like fixing something yourself.

Maybe it is all of the above!  :)

Ps. I do have a really good story to tell you.... it is called "The Hat came back".  I just have not had time to do it yet, but keep checking back.  It will make you laugh, then cry, then smile, then laugh and cry at the same time and then leave you wondering why you bothered to keep checking back here just for that..... I promise!  :)

No comments: