Monday, June 13, 2016

Cars and Quilts: Parts of our weekend (Blog 7 of 30)

I did not get pictures of everything that happened this past week (and I am going to tell more stories from it tomorrow), but for now here are a few updates.

Saturday afternoon I went to a car show north of town.  Met some friends out there... saw lots of cool stuff.... other than the wind it was fun.  Here is a not so great picture, but it will do.....



Then we had races at the speedway that night.  A buddy of ours who owns an advertising company needed someone to drive his souvenir van out to the track, so I got volunteered.  It was quite the ride.


Races ended up being windy and somewhat cold so the crowd was small again - which is really too bad.  However, we did do what they call a Calcutta race (all classes of cars out at the same time).  My job was to line the hobby stocks up in turn one, so this what that looked like....


And here is what the race itself looked like from inside corner one......


And lastly - but most importantly (It is only last b/c it was last chronologically) - every year our congregation always does a Grad banquet.  One of the traditional gifts is a handmade quilt.  Here is Megan with hers......

As I said, that is not the whole story but it is a start.  Come back tomorrow for part 2.

No comments: