I (Tim) often talk about myself on this blog.... not because I am an egomaniac but because I like telling stories about stupid things and I supply myself with a lot of material.
However, today I am writing about Sara. In the past, I have got in trouble at church for making jokes at her expense and stuff (some of those older ladies are super protective of her!!!) but the truth of the matter is that I do not know anyone who works harder or cares for people better than Sara does.
Consider her day yesterday.....
- Up at 6:45 to go to work. Feeds 80 kids there and actually pays attention to and cares for a bunch of the ones that everyone else just wants to kick (and she does that every day)
- Comes home at 10 to drive me to the chiropractor b/c I can't drive myself. Sits there until I am done and then comes home, tucks me in bed, gets me a drink and an ice pack (for my back) and loads Netflix on my phone so I can watch a motocross dirt bike show.
- Makes lunch for both of us and then heads back to school for the afternoon where she looks after a whole bunch of other kids and applies for grants to make the school better etc, etc
- Back home after work to check on me and make sure I am ok. We decide to go for a walk (it is too nice to stay inside) so we load up the dog and go to the park for an hour. Then she comes home and makes supper (which was delicious) while doing the dishes at the same time
- After supper and visiting for a bit, she gets up and PAINTS THE ENTIRE LIVING ROOM AND HALLWAY OF OUR HOUSE!!!! This takes here from 8-10 pm at which time she grabs a snack and comes back down to the family room where I am watching football so that we can visit.
- Off to bed - makes sure I am ok...... goes to sleep and then wakes up 4 times in the night to help me because my back is hurting (gets me a drink/pain medication etc)
- Alarm goes off at 6:45 and she does it again.
Now the really incredible thing about all of this..... she does this almost every day (with the exception of painting the living room and looking after my back - doing those two things every day would just be silly!)
I don't know how she does it.... but I watch her do it almost every day.
Now you can see why I make the odd joke about her in my sermons...... a guy has to feel good about himself somehow! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment