Friday, April 13, 2018

Ok - that is lots now, thanks! (Blog 29 of 30)

I have not always been a patient sort of guy.  In fact, in the past, I have been terrible!  I HATED waiting on things and (even more) I HATED being made to wait for others. 

However.....

As I have become older and possibly somewhat wiser (and have listened to my wife more), I have tried to be more patient and realize that some things just are the way they are.  I really believe that a good test of maturity is to ask, "How much do you try to control things around you?"   I would suggest that there is a inverse relationship here...... the more you have to control everything, the less mature you are.... and vise versa.

So when people have complained about the cold this winter, I have said things like, "I like winter!" When people have threatened to move to the southern states, I have said, "Not me!  I love the cold!  Feels like hockey season!"   When people have taken off on "hot holidays", I have wished them well, put on my toque and smiled as I went to shovel snow.

BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!   IT IS THE MIDDLE OF APRIL AND IT IS STILL FREEZING OUT THERE!!!!   WHAT...... IS ...... GOING...... ON...... WITH..... THAT????? 

What, you may wonder, has collapsed my hard won maturity and patience????? 

I started my motorcycle this afternoon!

I knew I shouldn't...... but I did.  And that is it!   I am done with winter.

Come on summer!  You cannot get here too soon!  :)

No comments: