Thursday, April 12, 2018

Signs you are getting old (Blog 28 of 30)

1.  You play in a hockey tournament 5 days ago and you still feel sore!

2.  You keep talking about playing in an over 35 rec hockey tournament like it is a big deal!

3.  You have to keep looking up the lyrics of the songs on the radio because you have no idea what they are saying

4.  A trip to Canadian Tire with your wife on a Tuesday night is considered a date!

5.  You think Frisbee golf is a good time

6.  You have a hair brush that is 15 years older than your university age kids and you have not used it in the past 9 years because - well - there is no need.

7.  You look forward to checking the flyers that come with the newspaper

8.  You still like to read real newspapers - not electronic ones (same for books)

9.  You say things like, "I paid $300 for my first car and drove it for 2 years and then I paid $50 for my next one and drove it for 4"

This last one is true.... it happened one day when I was riding with a buddy from church.  I was 21 and single.  He was slightly older than me, married with kids....... so this one is on him......

10.  As you are driving down the street, your buddy says, "Whoa!  There's a good looking one!"  You start looking for a girl and then realize that he is talking about a minivan!

No comments: