Though I think that the NHL playoffs should be ending about this time of the year instead of just starting (who wants to watch the Cup finals in June????????)....... this is typically when I watch the most hockey.
The first round of the playoffs is usually the most interesting. Lots of upsets..... tons of hitting..... and best of all - staying up really late watching games that have gone into overtime.
In fact, I remember sitting up till like 2 am in the common room of my Bible college dorm in the spring of 1987 watching the New York Islanders and the Washington Capitals play 4 overtime periods - it was great!!!!
However, because the Leafs have been fun to watch, I have watched a lot more hockey throughout the year..... which is probably a good thing because, so far, the playoffs have been a bust!!!! Lots of blowout games...... no nail biters...... hardly any really big rivalries.
In fact, sadly enough, I am not sleep deprived at all!!!!! Instead of staying up too late, I am falling asleep in my chair!
I hate going to bed on time!!! :(
_________________________________
Hey - so that is it! 30 blogs...... now it took a little longer than 30 days - but the goal was worth having, even if I did not make it, because it forced me to write.
Over the past 30 or so days, I have spent a lot of time writing about things that don't matter and are essentially fluff.... meant to be fun and funny...... however some really good things have happened too some of which include......
- My mom getting a good report from her Dr
- The kids coming home for the summer
- Getting to play in a hockey tournament with my buddy Shady Shane
I am thankful for those things and much more.
Since it looking like spring may actually happen sometime soon, I will not promise another "30 in 30", however, we do have some fun things coming up this week including a concert date with Sara, an Estevan Bruins' playoff game with the family and the Majestics car show - all of which we hope to take in.
So come back for updates on that and on any other silly thought that happens to come to my mind. I won't promise a blog a day.... but I will keep writing.
Thanks to everyone who read, followed, commented, etc. It has been fun!!! :)
1 comment:
Hey Tim,
headed on our annual June bike trip on the weekend of June 8-10.
you're welcome to join us!
friday night we will be camping south of gravelbourg, then riding down into montana and staying at fort peck on saturday. home sunday.
quick and easy.
hop on the bike and meet up with us if you can!
Post a Comment