Sunday, November 26, 2006

BLACK FRIDAY

I can now say I have been through a Black Friday in the US. The day after American thanksgiving has become the day to begin Christmas. So 7 friends and I arrived in Minot on Thursday night and began to shop at the few stored that were open. Then we headed out to eat and back to the hotel for a soak in the hot tub. All the time knowing we were going to be getting up at some time before 5 am to be get the best deals. We dosed off at just after midnight and some of us tossed and turned all night in anticipation of the next day. Me being one of those people. We set three alarms and got a wake up call and then we all rolled out at 3:45. We split up and went to several different stores. For the record a mad dash to any item or elbows flying or running over little old ladies never happened. I am sure I saw over a hundred people from Estevan and really had a lot of fun shopping with my friends. By 8:30 in the morning we all felt like it was 10:30 at night but the sun was just coming up and so we continued on. By noon I had all of my Xmas shopping done and spent the rest of the day browsing and trying to catch up on sleep. We went out for an early supper and headed home at about 7:30pm. I don't recall ever being that tired. I got plenty of great deals which I will not mention here due to little eyes at my house which do read this so.....
A super day which I would do again.... for those of you who are worried about materialism and this kind of shopping experience I can see how that could be an issue. But for someone who would like to get something thoughtful for people and not have to break the bank to do it I really felt good about it all. Thanks to all my friends who went along for this crazy day.
Sara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ABout your comment re. "For those of you worried about materialism" etc - that is me! Totally me!!!


What about those who are worried about their bank accounts too??? Save the poor bank accounts.... so little and so vulnerable - who will think about them???? WHHHHOOOOO?????


What's that? Most of that stuff is for me??? OOOHHH!!! Well, I guess it is ok.... you need a weekend away once in a while, right? And it is for a good cause - supporting those poor US corporations like that! Way to go Sari! :)