Monday, November 27, 2006

Tim's Side of Sari's "Black Friday" Experience

When Sari got home at 9 pm on Friday night - I could not believe it!!!! She had all taken all the stuff that every one of the 10 girls in her group had bought (and all the stuff that several other people from Estevan whom she did not even know bought) - and stuffed it all into our van!!!!!

Actually - that was my first thought - then I realized that all that stuff was OUR STUFF!!!!!! I did not know that a van could actually expand at the seams like that (like a briefcase or luggage) but somehow Sari managed to make it happen! Good thing there was a strong southeast wind blowing her home - I am not sure that the van would have had enough power to make it up the hills with all that stuff otherwise! :)

This display of shopping prowess brought about an intellectual debate regarding the size of our bank account and its ever increasingly quicker free fall into a black hole of utter despair vs. buying a present (or 17) for EVERY PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!! (Including but not exclusive to the unborn, the about to be thought about and anyone who was living but may have passed on to their reward in the past 56890809478904870987 years. The presents for the deceased apparently will be sent to their heirs or to any other person who just happens to be walking by our house..... Sari has been doing that - running out with presents in hand - "Merry 'You just walked by our house on a day with more than three letters in it' day!!!! Here is your present!!") :)

So after a nice discussion in which I made a few really good points (like "So are you" and "I am not a moron!!!").... I decided that generousity and joyfulness was the way to approach this festive time of the year (that and the fact that she had already thrown out all the receipts and could not return all this stuff anyway!) - so that is how that went!

It truly is "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim-
God surely did bless you with the gift of exaggeration!
I'm laughing too! Are you jealous that you missed out on the 'experience'??? Maybe next year we will take you- NOT!
Jenn