I got up this morning and after hearing my husband say "You better stay home" I headed out to a farm south of Estevan to work. Well I drove on sheer ice and went about 40 kms/hr til I reached the grid road and thought Crud!!! The snow on the grid was 2 feet deep and I was driving the van. I decided after much thought...all of 10 seconds of it...why not go ahead? SO using the laws of momentum I plowed on and almost headed to ditchdom several times. You know the wild careening out of control fishtail thing you do in deep snow...well at the half way mark I pulled onto an approach and breathed in really deep and then I backed up and headed on again. I reached the farm yard only to find that the windbreak at the yard had made the drifts at least 3 feet high and a lot scarier looking. Now normally I would have stopped here but I could see the house and figured if I hit the ditch I could walk even though the wind chill was -35. So I plowed on and made it through and then I parked the in the driveway and went in. I stood in the doorway shaking like a leaf only to hear my employer say "Oh I was going to call you and tell you not to come out" Well a fat lot of good that did me. So I stayed and worked for 3 hours and then I realized everyone was leaving the farm for the day and maybe staying in town for the night. This meant if I couldn't get out I would be stuck for the night. Well the minute they included me in the mass exodus I was on that train. Toilets are glamorous work but sometimes a girls got to do what a girls got to do. So I made it back into town only after following a Dodge diesel that was like eight feet taller than the van. I was considering a stop at my local Dodge dealer to pick one out for myself and then I realized oh yeah I am not Oprah and I slunk home. I sat in my warm house and was glad to not be out in the cold. I can now say that Tim was right...that's right Tim was right...there I said it. (Oh and remember don't believe everything you read.)
Hoping the weather is better where you are
Sara
4 comments:
"I can now say that Tim was right...that's right Tim was right...there I said it."
I read and re-read that part! I could not believe it!!!
Miracles do happen!!!! :)
OH my thanks for the laugh. I can just picture every part of the scenario, right down to the comment before mine. I love it. You are truly a tough prairie woman!! Good for you. I am loving reading your (family's) blog!!
oh...Sara, Too funny! I could just see you driving that van like wonder woman! Look out road here comes Sara! hahaha!
Well the weather outside is not too good today, sounds like another storm. Good thing its the weekend so you don't have to go out and save another toilet from disaster! All jokes aside, love to read your blog site. See you later. CQ
Yikes, you crazy lady!! Scrubbin' the toilet must of been pretty important! I am surprised you didn't actually get stuck in all of that. Glad you made it home safely to your warm home!
Laurie B
Post a Comment