
Birthdays now a days have really changed. I don't ever recall being crowned with moose antlers and having strange people sing songs that really don't even resemble "Happy Birthday" to me all while trying to avoid slapping one of them silly with the horns as I spin around trying to decide where to look. This was the end of a crazy day spent in Regina with four pre teen gals who think they are 22. Now there were only four of them but it was all a small nigling (sp) reminder that I have lost a tiny bit of my screaming like a little girl faze somewhere along the way. We went shopping and to the science centre and to the Imax and to Ruckers(arcade) and then out for supper followed by a stop at Starbucks and home again all in the span of about 8 hours. It was the best birthday party I have ever planned and mostly because I didn't plan it. The girls did all that and we were tired, but really sold on the idea of doing something together being more important than getting presents and eating too much cake...don't get me wrong we did eat, the birthday girl even had ribs, all her own, for the first time. We had a blast and we're pretty sure the moose hat trend is catching on in Europe so it won't be long until everyone will be wearing them. A great excuse to whack someone by "accident" if they ruin your party. :)
2 comments:
Sara you must have written this because I have heard Tim screaming like a little girl. Sounds like it was a blast!! Oh and Tim, Adam says your power is safe, however he cant' promise it will be turned back on after the next big storm.
A & T
ps. nice hat Katie
Post a Comment