Rather than tell you about it, though, I think I will just show you - they say, "A Picture is worth a 1000 words" so here are a couple of thousand words for you.....

YEP - I BOUGHT A NEW SLEDGEHAMMER!!! Not just any old sledgehammer though - this is one of those fancy "Imported" ones (I did not buy it in Estevan but rather I "imported" it from the very exotic Weyburn Canadian Tire!)The handle is 100% hickory, so your hands smell like Southern BBQ when you are done using it and it was on sale - 1/2 price!
I went with the 12 pounder. I tried the 10 and it was ok, but - call me crazy - the 12 pounder just seemed to whisper "Hit something" in a way that the 10 pounder just couldn't (Kinda the difference between a "Tough Guy" movie starring Sylvester Stallone as compared to Matthew McConaughey - if you know what I mean).
I just thought that this story was too good to keep to myself. It is just proof that - if you hold on - good things do happen to good people!!! (Sniff, sniff) - sorry! It just moves me so much!!!
Speaking of moving things - if you need something "smacked" really hard with a 12 pound sledgehammer - I am your guy!!!! :)
PS. I hope y'all realize that this is a joke. I just did not have anything really exciting to talk about (Sari already has dibs on all the interesting stories in our life) and I was getting desperate for something to write about.
The sad part is that I am thinking that some of you took me seriously - that I would get that excited about a new sledgehammer. Don't get me wrong - 1/2 price for a 12 pound smashing hammer did make me happy - but how boring would my life have to be before this would be a serious post?????
Now I am sad! MY LIFE IS A DISGRACE!!!!! :(
I think I am going to go smash something! :)
6 comments:
OK I totally had to reply to this post! I actually was really excited for you...well to be truly honest I was excited for Sara because now you have the equipment to knock that wall down between your living room & your kitchen! Just think how happy you'd make your wife and you'd have a really rejuvinating, fun time using your new tool. Look forward to hearing that the wall came tumbling down! hahaha! Crystal
Smashing story!
I think you and your sledgehammer need some bonding time together and I have just the opportunity for the two of you two get away together. I have this 14 foot by 30 foot concrete patio behind my house that needs to be broken up and haul away. I figure a good week or so should do it. And to add to your excitement if you decided to except this challenged I with thrown it a new wheelbarrow!!!
My sledgehammer and I accept your challenge!! (He actually said - in his best Rocky Balboa voice - "fo' sure") Name the time and place - sounds like fun! (More evidence that my life is slow????) :)
Their is this guy ... oh wait I shouldn't leave such an obvious trail. I guess I'd better get a disposeable cellphone
Dana, Dustin and I were quite excited for you! And now we feel disappointed. Dana thinks it even rivals your "squash" story. LaWanda
Post a Comment