
Life is never more in sharp focus than when you lose someone. Especially someone who is terribly kind hearted. As was the case with Tom. This past week I headed home to Manitoba to visit with my friend Laura. In this past year the vivid importance of people has been a real lesson in how little time you really have to make superb memories with people. I am not talking about glamorous memories, I am talking about times that you will forever think of and smile. It was a weekend generous with laughter and stories about the past. I intended to go and somehow help them through a bit of a really hard time and instead I came away feeling like they had given me so much. There is nothing like an old friend and goofy memories to fill you up for whatever life has planned. It seems cliche to say things like "don't wait to say how you really feel" but it is easier to take the advise than learn the hard way. Life this year with my own dad has taught me so much about loving when you have the chance. So don't wait ... you won't regret it.
1 comment:
Love the picture Sara. Glad you could be with her. I miss Laura, it has been WAY too long since I've seen her.
Post a Comment