Now I have to admit, I was a little concerned about it - street bikes and dirt bikes are completely different animals.... but as you can see in the picture below - I think I got the hang of it quite quickly!

Ok - so maybe that isn't a picture of me - and maybe that is not "exactly" how I was riding - and maybe it did hurt my feelings just a little bit when that little four year old girl went flying past me on her motorcycle (the language kids use these days - it is shocking!) - but I still had a good time.
Earlier in the day at church, Erin was telling me that riding a dirt bike is really tiring and made him sore - I can see why now! (Well - not that I was going fast enough to be sore - but some of those other guys..... not to mention that little girl!)
But I did get some air - plowed through a ton of mud - dumped the bike (twice) - it was great! The best part was that in the end I handed all the muddy, soaking wet gear (not to mention the incredibly muddy motorcycle) back to Erin and he was stuck cleaning it all up! :)
It was a great way to spend a beautiful, 25 degree, sunny Sunday afternoon!
PS. A month ago or so I said that I would give $5 to anyone who could do the rap part from the BNL song "One week" (they had to do it as fast as Ed does and not mess it up - not even one little mistake). Eric Bailey wrote back and said that is wife, Erica, could do it. I said that she would have to prove it before I would send the money. Guess who was in church this morning all the way from Kenora, Ontario. And guess who showed off her "One week" rapping talent (unaccompanied, I might add). I was truly impressed! Unfortunately, I did not have the $5 on me, so .... the cheque is in the mail, Erica. No really - it is! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment