For years (and for those same reasons) I have referred to Sari as my SUV (surprisingly - she takes it as a compliment) :) - now we are raising some little ones of our own.
As you can see below - girly girls these ain't....


My goals here are many......1. Raising non-girly girls (See "SUV" above)
2. Spending time with them doing something they wanted to do. Fortunately, I like this much better than playing with Barbies! (I DO TOO LIKE HOCKEY BETTER THAN BARBIES!!!! Those other stories about me are just total fabrications with no grounding in reality.)
3. Playing road hockey two little girls is very good for the ego - makes you feel like Wayne Gretzky (Well - it would if I was not so out of shape - those little girls can run for a long, long time - and I am getting old, ya know?)
4. It is a "Daddy Dating Strategy" - I am hoping that playing hockey will teach them to fight, use their elbows and be mean - something that I think will come in handy for them when they start dating - in 20 years or so.
Girly girls are great - but I will take SUVs anyday! :)
(Ps. We were in Minot last week and the mall was full of stock cars - too bad for me hey? One of the cars had a "M.A.D.D." sticker on it - "Mothers Against Drunk Driving". On the other side it had a "D.A.D.D." sticker - "Dads Against Daughters Dating" - I think I am going to sign up for that group!)
2 comments:
I'll have to send Rolland to the D.A.D.D club too :) LOL Made me smile.
I think our girlies are a mixture. :) I think we have an SUV for sure (Kaelie) and a girly girl too (Emily).......Sydnie......well she's a character......maybe a crazy mixture of both!
As for Isaac......Rolland is making sure he won't like barbies :) LOL
Well this is funny. You know what I am going to end up with. I am going to have girl who plays with barbies in the sandbox and plays street hockey in heels. Mine is tough yet pretty...yea...we have an SUV. 4 wheel drive.
Maybe you, Rolland and Adam should start up the SK sect of the D.A.D.D! I think there are probably a few guys who would join you!! hehe
Post a Comment