Monday, April 30, 2007

Two girls and an Air Hog - TKP

No "Air Hog" is not a new nickname for their Dad (though some who have heard me preach may think it is not far off) - "Air hog" is the name of the new, cool toy that the kids have.

When I was a kid, I liked any toy that flew: gliders, parachute men that you threw in the air, model rockets - didn't matter as long as it could fly - so when we were in Minot a few weeks ago and I saw this thing, I just knew that I..... I mean "the girls" just had to have it.

As you can see below - it consists of a rocket with two little airplanes attached to it.....
You use a slingshot to shoot the rockets and the airplanes into the air - "more than 5 stories up" the box said (and I would think that was close) - like so.....
The result is this.......
When the rocket gets to its "5 story tall flight" - it releases the little airplanes that then float and cruise around landing a couple of hundred feet in either direction (here is one of the kids after picking a plane up - as seen from the launch site).......

So the best parts of this....
1. It was $10
2. No batteries required
3. The kids thought it was great fun running after the airplanes
4. (Related to #3) I did not have to run after the airplanes
5. The kids were dog tired after 2 1/2 hours of running after airplanes
6. I get credit for being a "fun dad" - and I probably enjoyed it more than they did!

It is good to be a dad! :)

No comments: