Unfortunately, my free snow blower broke down earlier this week. I think I am going to demand my money back! The drive chain broke, but that is not the worst part. The chain broke because there were 8 various parts (Bolts, set screws, keys) laying in the bottom tray and they got caught on the sprocket. Some investigation showed that the parts were from the second stage fan - the bolts should have held the part that blows the snow out of the machine to its shaft. Fortunately, the fan is rusted on the shaft so hard that it does not seem to need the bolts - so I will re-install them in the summer when it is warmer and I do not need the machine. The other fortunate part was that Paul Quilliams got me a new chain link to fix the drive chain - cost me $2 and he delivered right to my office. A few hours of work later, I was out blowing snow with it again yesterday.
Of course, school started again this week, so all my girls were back at it. I think that they enjoyed it, even if it meant classes and work again. Megan signed up for Basketball and for Art club. This is reportable news b/c it is usually Katie that signs up for everything(which is great), but it will be cool to be able to go watch Megs do something too. Both girls are curling right now too. I was supposed to go help teach that on Friday but Megs stayed home (not feeling really well) so I missed my chance. Oh well.
So that is about it. We are back to "life after vacation". The kids and I are going to the Bruin's game tonight, so that will be fun. I am looking forward to church tomorrow morning. Life is good! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment