I hope I never get to the point of not being able to appreciate "little" stuff in my life. This weekend was full of good "little" things like......
- Putting up my garage door openers. I know that many of you have garages and door openers and never think twice about it, but let me tell you.... they are luxuries!!!! I spent a few hours Friday and a few more Saturday putting my openers up and it is like winning the lottery to pull up to the door and being able to drive in without getting out. Seriously - you don't use your opener for a month (especially when it is -40) and you will find out how nice it is to have one.
- Going to Calvin and Mary's for supper with Jurgen, Pia, June and Isabel. Good food, good visit, unexpected invitation - it was a nice way to spend a Friday night.
- Playing "Rockband" on the PS2 with Sari and the girls. Who knew that I was a good drummer????? 45 right "notes" in a row (On the easiest setting but come on!!!!)
- Going to the Bruin's game with Shady, Keith and all our kids. Good game. Good guys.
- Having a little German friend, named Bernice, stay with us all day Saturday while her parents went to Minot. She is fun and sweet. The girls were really good with her too - helped a lot.
- A good morning at church today.... good atmosphere, visitors, a buddy from town who has been there three Sundays in a row now. It was nice.
- An impromptu "sledding party" this afternoon with about 20-25 of our friends meeting at the hill for 3 hours of fun in the nice warm sun. What is better than getting 20 people that you like, sticking them on sleds, making a chain and then just about killing one another when you wreck 1/2 way down the hill????? One kid even bit his lip and bled all over the place...... good times!
- Then, to top it off, walking the dog after dark with Sari.
Just some of the "little things" that made this a really nice weekend. I hope it never forget to be thankful for things like this!
No comments:
Post a Comment