Monday, January 12, 2009

Stop one leak - get another

For a few month, the cold water tap has been leaking in our tub. Actually, water comes out around the handle when the water is on. This is not a big deal really, but it is not right and it is annoying, so I fixed it today. That may not seem like a big deal, but these are reverse flow taps (not "Reverse flow" you say in horror - yes - REVERSE FLOW!!!!!) so they are different and hard to set and generally a big pain.

The good news: the tap leak is stopped.

The bad news: My truck's water pump started leaking today. Like not dripping but pouring. Leaking everywhere. Good times!!!! So that will be the next thing to deal with.

Good thing I can still drive the mini-van that has exactly "0" clearance. Did I mention that a buddy of mine got stuck on our street tonight...... in his Four wheel drive pickup! We has stopped to push out another dude in a 4 x 4 and after discovering that he was in too deep to get out, we got stuck. So I had to walk the rest of the way home to get some shovels so that we could dig everyone out.

Maybe I will just stay home tomorrow as we are supposed to get another 10 cm of snow tonight.

Anyone want to go on a "Hot Holiday" right now? I love winter, but getting stuck on city streets makes me wonder if they have this problem in Jamaica? Do you think they do?

Let's go check it out! :)

2 comments:

KTPippus said...

While I'm all for the idea of a hot holiday (since I'm freezing ALL the time), I think in reality it's a little too good to be true. I've been told by some that going on hot holidays actually makes winter seem longer. I can't actually comment on that, since I've not gone on one, but just thought I should bring that up!

Jen Mooney said...

I'll GO!!