Monday, October 19, 2009

Is this a bad thing?

I decided to go to noon hockey today - for the first time in about a year. On the way over to the rink I see a hockey buddy named "Larry" and he tells me that we are playing at the "Civic" today - so I turn around and follow him over there.

Larry was saying that lots of guys had been showing up - so I was ready to go - but when we got to rink there was no one there. Undeterred, we went out and just skated around while we waited for the other guys to show up..... and we waited.... and waited..... and waited. Finally I got bored and left.

Turns out that we were at the wrong rink! After I left a rink rat dude asked Larry what he was doing out on the ice - we were supposed to be at the other rink (where - by the way - six other guys were waiting for us to show up)

Nice security there hey? Two guys walk in - open a change room - skate around the ice shooting pucks for most of an hour and finally someone decides to come out and see what on earth is going on. "City employees care!" - I think that should be their motto. :)

Possible bad thing #1 from this mix-up..... in spite of the fact that I was skating alone (basically) and just shooting pucks around - I was tired and sweating after only 15 minutes. So either it was really hot in there - or taking almost a year off is not the best thing for your hockey career.

Possible bad thing #2..... Sari has outlawed my hockey equipment! It is sitting in a room in the basement of the house drying out and she claims that she can smell it upstairs! In fact, I have been told that I have to take it out to the garage - now is that fair? Do I make her take her scrap-booking stuff to the garage? Do I? NO! (Granted - it may not smell quite as bad as the hockey equipment but the point remains).

Just because I literally have not washed any of it (not even the shirt I wear underneath it) in about 10 years is no reason to get all picky! Think of it as being "Environmentally friendly" - think of all the water I am saving by not washing it!!!

Women - they just don't understand. :)

2 comments:

Davis Family said...

Eeewwww!

TKP said...

I KNOW! Sari's scrapbooking stuff is really bad smelling isn't it? :)

Actually - now that I think about it - I lied (a bit). While it is true that I have not washed my hockey equipment in over 10 years - I did change the shirt that I wear under it..... 4 years ago (After 6 or 7 years the other one .... well .... let's just leave it at that shall we?) :)