
So I learned something yesterday......
Do not leave fifteen 65 year old Pro-life women standing outside your church building in the rain. In fact, if you have done that, it may be best not to stop to let them in - just keep driving right by the building and pretend that you do not see them. Trust me, it is for your own good!
We agreed to host the "Pro-life Soup and Sandwich Fund-raising lunch" yesterday, so I told the ladies that I would be here at 8:30 to let them in the building. Well, I got caught behind a train, so I did not show up until 8:40....... you should have seen it!!! Here are all these old ladies running all over the place - trying every door on the building - looking up and down the street - shaking their heads...... I thought they were going to start smashing the windows and lighting bonfires or something.... they were worked up!!!! :)
Anyway - I opened the door and it was like opening the flood gates on a dam.... they went rushing in like I had just pulled the plug in a sink! They ran all over the place - charged into my office and took it over with their coats, purses, boxes.... it was completely bizarre!
Then they started making sandwiches and they were scrapping and arguing with one another ("No that is too much mayonnaise!"... "That coffee is too strong", etc, etc).
After the lunch - they just bailed out. No "Thank you" no "It was very nice of you to allow us to use your building" - nothing! They just left..... it was sort of like a big snowstorm that just rolled in and then rolled out and was gone.
I survived the storm though. Good thing they are "Pro-life" - I may have been in real trouble otherwise! :)
2 comments:
Waaaa haaaa!!
Sometimes makes you wonder why we do "Good Things" like that, for organizations like that! Like we were talking about in class, our rewards aren't ment for her on earth. Those old Biddies couldn't concentrate any further than getting there hair ruined and that perhaps they were 10 minutes behind schedule. Sorry Tim you had to experience that. You'd think if they were trying to spread God's Love message they'd do it in a better way but you know I've heard that about us sometimes as a church as well.... Good reminder and lesson to all. Remember how we are looking to all outsiders looking in! Thanks for sharing! Thanks for being a trooper! It would have been hard not to have said something!
Post a Comment