There are days when I really miss having little kids. Don't get me wrong, I love my girls and I have enjoyed every stage along the way. It is just that there is something special about little kids.
Like the fact that I probably could have conned one of them into thinking that raking up this pile of leaves was fun..
Now they are all grown up and too smart for that and I have to do it myself. :( #Dadproblems
Secondly, I do not know how accurate this picture is, but I have seen other ones that are similar. Interesting!
And, lastly, a story.
Last Thursday I was sitting in my office and suddenly I could smell this really strong sewer smell. In fact, it was so strong that I was convinced that raw sewage was backing up in to the basement somewhere.
A quick check downstairs revealed nothing, so I went upstairs and looked around. Eventually, I came to the washrooms near the fellowship hall. I walked in and lifted the lid to the one toilet and found that the entire underside of the lid was soaked and all the water had been blown out of the toilet and all around the room (thus leaving us with an open sewer line and the smell). I checked the ladies' washroom and found the exact same thing.
Now, city workers were doing something about a block away and my guess is that somehow they back pressured the sewer line and blew all the water out of our toilets in one big, soaking splash.
So, why am I telling you this? Well, life can be hard and it is easy to think that you never catch a break. If you start feeling like that this week, just remember... you could have been sitting in those washrooms at 2 pm last Thursday. :)

2 comments:
The words of wisdom never cease to amaze!
Katie
And to think that you are paying to go to university when you could have just stayed home and soaked up my wisdom for free! :(
Post a Comment