I promise it will get better in the coming weeks, but for now here are a couple of things that I came across recently that will make you feel smarter simply because you know them.
- There are 17 countries in the world that do not have any permanent rivers. The largest is Saudi Arabia
- You may know that countries that are completely surrounded by other countries (such as the Vatican - which is surrounded by Italy) are called "Enclaves" (two others are San Marino and Lesotho), but did you know that an "Exclave" is a part of a country that is completely surrounded by other countries (the German town of Busingen am Hochrhein is actually located in Switzerland about a half mile from Germany's southern border)
- Those with a fear of flying need to consider this: Based on past data, a Boeing 737 flying from New York to Los Angeles has a 1 in 4,136,239 chance of crashing, which means that you could take the flight every day for 11, 332 years without crashing.
And, lastly, a musical send-off. Just because I really like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment