So I have not died.... it just felt like it for a while.
About six months ago, on this very blog, I bragged that I never had trouble sleeping (I am usually asleep within 10 minutes of hitting the pillow no matter where I am) and that I had not taken a pill of any kind in over 10 years.
Times have changed!
In early November I did something to my shoulder/back (not sure what) and I have been in excruciating pain for like for three months!!! I could hardly move my neck. I have not been able to sleep. It got to the point where I was going to bed with a muscle relaxant pill sitting on my dresser just in case I needed it in the night.
Last night was the bottom of the barrel though...... Sara went to bed 15 minutes ahead of me, so, not wanting to wake her up, when I came into the room I did not turn on the light. I took the hoodie that I was wearing and went to throw it on the chair at the end of our bed, but it landed on my dresser instead. So I grabbed it and tossed it on the chair.
Then.... at about 2 in the morning my shoulder was hurting so I got up to get that pill off the dresser and it was not there. It was then that I realized that I must have knocked it onto the floor when I tossed my hoodie on the dresser..... - so there I was - in the dark - at 2 am - crawling around on the floor of our bedroom trying to find a muscle relaxant pill somewhere under our bed........ and it dawned on me..... I HAVE HIT ROCK BOTTOM!!!! Visions of my future grandkids asking the girls "What was grandpa like?" and them answering, "Well, before the whole Motrin incident he was not a bad guy!!!" flashed through my head...... so I decided to forget about it and crawl back to bed.
Then I realized "Hey - my shoulder feels better now!" Apparently, all this time all I needed to do was wedge myself under the bed in the dark and I would have been fine. Who knew?
I think I may market this new cure..... Dr. Ho seems to have cashed in - maybe I can too. :)
Seriously though - I have learned a couple of things from this experience.... (1) Being in constant pain is awful!!! Even it is just low-grade pain, it plays with your mind and makes you either depressed or super angry!!!!...... and (2) If you are not in pain right now and if you can sleep anywhere/anytime - SHUT UP!!! No one wants to hear about it. :)
Ok - Let's hope that I am not only cured but also (maybe) a slightly better person from here on out.
_____
I have decided to start a new round of "30 blogs in 30 days" just because without the pressure to come up with something every day - I don't. So - I will try to keep up. Please stop by and look once in a while - and comment even - that would be nice.
The kids were home this weekend and it was nice out so we went for a run in the snow at Woodlawn. Here is some pictorial evidence.
This was sitting on the gate as we walked into the park.....
We found some Christmas decorations, so of course we had to make Muffy wear them.....
My favourite girls .....
US (of course)
Estevan has some pretty places (especially in the frost.....)
See you tomorrow!
2 comments:
should try some accupuncture on that shoulder.
I really should b/c nothing else seemed to help. I went to the chiropractor several times with mixed results. Sara has a "witch doctor" in Regina that she has been threatening to take me to see - I think he works out of the back of a van or something - but I have avoided that so far. :)
Post a Comment