Saturday, November 20, 2010

The end of an Era (2 of 30)

Something happened today that has not happened in 18 + years.... the board of Clearview Christian Camp met without me.

I had tons of fun on the board and I have a lot of really good memories (like the time Justin and I got the bobcat stuck in the mud down by the beach... on my birthday... on a long weekend... when no one would come and rescue us... and the guy needed the bobcat first thing Monday morning to start putting in the cement pads for the new cabins. Or the time that Sari threw a 2x4 through the back window of our truck and cost us $300!!! Oh wait a minute... I think that may be the wrong list).

Anyway - I still plan to be involved with the camp (going to work days etc) but I thought it was time to take a break.... that and the fact that the public opinion polls were indicating that my popularity was dropping like a rock and I may have to bribe people if I was going to say on as Chairman... and you know how cheap I am - I am not bribing anyone.

So it is over (for now)! It is hard to walk away... but it is a good thing that I have all those good memories (not to mention all those years of cash donations that people gave me... "Sure I will pass that on". Not sure how that got through on the audit but........) :)

Good luck to the new board! I am sure you will do great (and - if not - it isn't my problem) :)

No comments: