So I am sitting in my office today and outside the window I hear, "Bbbbbbuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrr". I look out and there is snow flying everywhere.
So I think to myself... "Huh - one of the guys from church must have loaded his snow blower and brought it down here", but as I get a glimpse of the guy I think, "Who on earth is that?"
The mystery snow blower dude is working in the parking lot behind the building and so I think, "Well, maybe he is from across the alley (we have several new neighbours back here and I don't know what they all look like yet) and he is clearing our lot to make it easier to turn into his garage" - but then he turns and heads down the sidewalk beside our building. Then he starts clearing our driveway out front.
At that point, I go out and introduce myself. "I'm Larry", he says. I ask, "Where do you live Larry?" and he says, "Oh I live down at the end of the other block".
Now - this guy has to be 70 years old... but apparently he was out blowing the snow off of his sidewalk and thought, "I should drive this thing down the street and clean up around that church building" - so that is what he did. After a while, the sound became a little quieter and I looked out and Larry was following the thing back home. Not a word of explanation... no demand for money.... no request of any kind... just a kind gesture done from the goodness of his heart.
And that is one reason I like small town prairie people.
1 comment:
Love it!
Post a Comment