
Sari is in Manitoba this weekend, so in an effort to get the girls out of the house (and away from the TV), I announced that we were going on a "Trek" (these used to be called "walks" until it was pointed out that there are "truth in advertising" rules - so I had to pick a name that more appropriately described the activity).
We took Murphy (otherwise known as "Muffy" - because he is sort of girly) and went down to Woodlawn park. We spent a couple of hours wandering around the campground - pounding through the snow - making snow angels.... it was great! At the end, we walked past one of the ball diamonds and I told Katelyn, "Go into the outfield and call the dog. See if he can jump the fence".
Now the fence was not that tall - 3 or 4 feet at the best (a little hard to tell with the snowbanks around it). Katie went into the diamond and called Muffy. He took off running as hard as he could... he got close.... looked up.... jumped as high as he could..... AND SLAMMED HEAD FIRST RIGHT INTO THE TOP BAR ON THE FENCE!!!!!! :)
Now - I don't mean that he sort of tapped it.... he hit it so hard that I am sure Sari could have heard it all the way over in Manitoba. You could not have hit him harder if you took the bar off the fence and swung it at his head. It was like a Wylie Coyote cartoon... when he gets hit in the head with an anvil - or when he is running and suddenly slams into a brick wall or something.... it was so funny I laughed for 5 minutes straight!!!!
Needless to say - he did not get over the fence..... but (fortunately) he did not seem to hurt himself either..... one advantage of smaller brains.... lots of room for protective fluid in the head.
Ah - I love that dog - just because of stuff like that! :)
________
Here is the survey part.... have you seen this video? Is it real or faked? What do you think?
2 comments:
Tim, I actually did LAUGH OUT LOUD over the dog story. In fact I laughed so loud the kids came over and wanted to see what I was laughing over.
thanks for a great laugh. You and that dog have been the source of so much joy for others over the years!!!
JennJ
Post a Comment