It would be easy for me to come on here every day, make stupid jokes, tell ridiculous stories and let you think that we are all having all kinds of fun all the time over here (or maybe you read this stuff and simply wonder what it wrong with us..... either way).
The one thing that I HATE about the Internet (Facebook specifically) is the "Photo-shopped lives" that people put out there. Before I boycotted Facebook two years ago (cold turkey!), I would read stuff and think, "I KNOW you! What you are writing sounds NOTHING like you or the life I see you living!"
So..... in the interest of "full disclosure".... I didn't blog yesterday because there was nothing fun, funny or even happy to blog about. Nothing terrible had happened... life was and is generally good.... but I woke up feeling like this......
And then it got worse from there.
Part of it was that I was running a fever and not feeling well physically, but more of it was mental. I was just tired and grouchy and it was Monday morning and I was feeling like I was on the "hamster wheel" where you run and run and get no where.
In some ways, my job is like the movie "Groundhog Day" where Bill Murray keeps waking up to the exact same day over and over.... only mine is the exact same week over and over. Sunday ends and Monday rolls around and I have to come up with a newspaper article and three new, fun, interesting, informative, inspiring lessons just like I did last week (At this point some will point out either (a) I have help that I do not see and I do not write these things alone or (b) my lessons are not always inspiring, interesting, fun, or whatever.... but that is beside the point).
It takes a lot of energy to come up with that much new material all the time. AND SUNDAYS JUST KEEP COMING!!! THEY NEVER STOP!!!!!
Anyway, I was feeling more like hiding in my basement or going to Arizona and riding a motorcycle through the desert for a month or..... something. I certainly did not feel like blogging.
Then I got a good sleep and today I feel better (both mentally and physically) so maybe the lessons are.....
A. It is ok to take a break once in while.
B. Don't buy the "Everyone is having a happy and fun life except me because I see all the stuff they post on the internet and my life is boring" stuff that many buy. Most people's lives are a mix of good and bad.... you get to choose which you want to focus on... but everyone has both.
C. Everyone's job looks easy until it is your job - then you realize that maybe there is more to it than you know.
D. The sun will likely come up tomorrow and things will likely look better then.
E. I have more blessings than I can count and they include my girls, my job, my extended family and much more. I am very thankful for all that I have been given.
That is your "10 seconds" of honesty about my life. Tomorrow we will return you to our regularly scheduled nonsensical stupidity. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment