You may have noticed that I did not blog on Saturday. The good reason for that is that I basically was not home.
We had brunch and then I went to Weyburn for a Bible camp board meeting. It lasted longer than I expected and so I raced back home, changed and headed straight to the "Estevan Motor Speedway Awards Banquet". That was a lot of fun, but I did not get home from that until about 12:30 am.
To my surprise, when I got home Megan and Sara were still up. Megan had worked all day, so we visited about her day some. Sari had spent the night at a reception at the Art gallery in town. She has a couple of pictures on display over there (I will post those later this week) and so she was over there mingling and telling stories, so we talked about that some. By then it was almost 1 am and I still had to look over my lessons for Sunday morning (I had finished them on Thursday but I wanted to review them) so I did that and went to bed.
Therefore, no blogging.
Today, Megan worked in the afternoon so Sari and I went for a drive out around Torquay and Rafferty. As usual, she took her camera, here are a few samples ......
As we were coming home, she said, "Look at that sunset" and told me to get the camera and take a few shots (she was driving because this was her picture taking tour)..... so this is my contribution to the day.
Lastly, an auction sale reminder: Do not bid unless you actually want to own something.
As part of the Speedway supper they hold an auction to raise money for the track. Last year, they had some door panels from race cars for sale and they went for about $400 - 600 each. Just something nice to hang on the wall of your garage etc.
This year they had more of them.... like 7 or 8. The first couple sold for about $300 - 400. Then we took one up front that was from Wayne Johnson from Minot. Now I don't know if it was b/c he was not a local guy or what, but no one was bidding. Since I was helping with the auction and standing there anyway, I threw in the first bid thinking that someone just had to get the thing rolling and that someone would bid me up from there.......
So now I own this......
I figure that if I buy one piece every year I should be able to build an entire stock car in about 84 years!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment