Saturday, November 21, 2015

Blog 22: Another reason Computers are Evil

You may have noticed that I have not posted anything on here in the last few days.

That is because nothing all that interesting or exciting has happened lately.

Well, other than that alien abduction thing, but I am not supposed to speak about that, so......

Sari is away on a "Girly weekend" and so it was just going to be me and Megan at home.... then Megan got invited to a buddy's house for supper.... and then texted to ask if she could stay for a sleepover...... so with Katie away at university...... I had the night all to myself!!

So what does a "single" (technically I am not single.... at least that is what Sari keeps telling me)..... "young" (technically I am not that young anymore.... at least that is what Sari keeps telling me) guy do on a free Friday night in a happening place like Estevan?????

Well.... I was going to watch a hockey game but then I came upstairs to look something up..... then I looked up something about "The Beach Boys"...... then I started listening to Beach Boys songs (they had a couple of successful ones - I think that they may actually go places!)..... and then I started reading articles about the Beach Boys.... and then I read a bunch of stuff about each member of the group..... and then I started listening to other "car song/surfer" groups like the "Rip Chords", "Jan and Dean" and "The Hondells" (a group of guys put together to sing about Honda motorcycles believe it or not.... one of whom - by the way - was Bruce Johnson who eventually joined the Beach Boys). Being a prairie boy from Saskatchewan, I can really relate to the surfing lifestyle....

And then it was three hours later and the hockey game was over.

So in a way, it was sort of like being abducted.....  without the examination!




No comments: