I am not normally a violent person, but lately this has been my attitude toward computers.....
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!
First, a month or so ago, my church computer died. No warning! On a Saturday night! Ended up taking my class notes and Powerpoint for Sunday morning to the great beyond with it (Thankfully my buddy Justin performed a resurrection or an exorcism or something on it and got my files back).
Then we have been having all kinds of issues with our home computer. Well, one problem..... when I go to save an image - whether from the internet or from my phone or whatever - which I do a lot of when I am blogging - the whole thing locks up. Reset it 987694876489367 times and nothing works.... then suddenly it works! Grrrrrrrrr!!! (I was gonna blog last night but could not post a picture b/c it kept going "unresponsive"..... sort of like some of the people in my classes on Sunday morning..... Ba dump bump!) :)
Then today I get to the office and the church computer will not connect to the internet. I call Sasktel and they tell me that everything from their side is working perfectly and it must be my issue. AN HOUR LATER...... I suspect that my anti-virus program (for some reason) is not letting anything through the firewall...... delete AVG and "Ta da" the computer that worked perfectly when I left the office the night before suddenly worked perfectly again.
When I was in Bible college, home computers were just becoming popular and I had a prof who used to come to class almost every day and say.... "If anyone tells you that having a computer saves you time - don't believe them! They save time doing ordinary things like printing papers, but you waste just as much time trying to figure out how to use them or fixing them when they don't do want you want them to do".
Amen, brother!

No comments:
Post a Comment