Monday, November 16, 2015

Blog 20: Cell phone warning

Generally, I am not an alarmist.  "Bah!" is my general response... especially to the "___________ could cause cancer" statements that we hear all the time.  Take any given substance and then look hard enough and you can find someone who thinks it is cancer causing.

With that said...... I am absolutely certain that cell phones are going to be our generation's cigarettes. You know what I mean.... 40 years ago everyone smoked and no one thought anything about it.... I bet that in 40 years we will look back on cell phones and say, "What were we thinking".

The biggest issue that I have with them is how people carry them.  Read the literature that comes with your phone!!!!!  Even the manufacturer says, "Do not carry cell phone on your person.... Keep phone a minimum of 5 mm from your body at all times" but I constantly see people carrying them in their pants pockets.... in a shirt pocket.... or even in their bras!

I HATE my cell phone!!!  Partially because I think 99.999999997% of things are not important enough to have me on "hotline alert standby".  Why do I need to be checking Twitter at the hockey game????  Answer:  I DON"T!!!!  I AM AT THE HOCKEY GAME ENJOYING MYSELF!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!

Then there is the fact that you phone is actually RADIATING your body.  In fact, the World Health Organization has classified cell phones as class B carcinogens.   To read more about that, click here.

I  hate doomsday people!  I hate the attitude that says, "The sky is falling!!!"  However, I also hate the thought that we have been completely sucked in with the notion that you can't go anywhere or do anything without being "connected".

That is just stupid!

And - sadly - I think that we are going to pay the price for it down the road!

No comments: