What you see in this picture is a cheque from General Motors. A cheque that we almost did not get.
It all started a few summers ago when the transmission cratered on our GMC Acadia while we were on summer vacation. A bit of a hassle and then a phone call to a buddy from church who has a car trailer got us and the stupid Acadia back home. A trip to the transmission shop got us back on the road.
Fast forward to this past February. GM sent a recall notice for something that is wrong with the lift gate at the back. As I am visiting with the service manager - a lady I know from the speedway - I find out that there has been a special service bulletin put out regarding the transmissions in this year of Acadia.
Oddly - no one let us know about it (though we got the lift gate recall letter). Fortunately - we were able to get in under the wire. The program was set to end in two weeks.
Anyway - Sara had kept our receipts and everything, so I took them in and made a claim. Then we waited.... and waited..... and waited...... and (well you get the idea).
Yesterday we finally got a cheque that covered about half the cost of the new transmission (GM paid out what they would have paid to fix our old one. We chose to go with a rebuilt one). So I was happy with that. The money was spent and gone, so this was just bonus anyway.
So there you go! It only took 3 years and having some connections to get it - but GM at least admitted that they built a faulty part and backed it up (sort of).
It is almost enough to make me love GM again and never tell this story to anyone else ever again.
Almost..... but not quite! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment