Monday, February 06, 2017

Interesting Pictures (Blog 10 of 30)

I like space related stuff, so when I came across a page showing various photographs from space spanning the last 70 years I bookmarked it so that I could use it on this blog on a day when I had nothing else to say but needed something interesting to share, so today is that that day (that -by the way - is  the longest continuous sentence in the history of man..... you may even saying that it is "One small sentence for a man; one giant leap for the English language")

Editor's note:  The quote above includes an extra "a" that most people do not use.  When Armstrong uttered this famous quote, it sounds as though he left the "a" out and said "That is one small step for man".  That would be unfortunate because "man" and "mankind" are exactly the same thing.  What he wanted to contrast was a small step for "a man" (him) and a one giant leap for "mankind" (everyone).  To his death, he claimed that he actually did say the extra "a", but that it was obscured by noise on the radio.

Oh.... ya..... click here for the link to the pictures.  :)



No comments: