So - nothing weird or interesting to say tonight - just a quick re-cap of what happened this weekend to both inform you and let you know why I have been AWOL on the blog.
1. The girls came home. Always a lot of fun. Always great to see them. Always sad to see them go again, but we will take whatever time we get with them. They are both doing well and seem to be happy and settled in.
2. I spent a bunch of my weekend out in the garage working on my car. If you are looking for a way to stop watching TV all winter - get a project car to think about/work on. I guarantee that will do it. This weekend I did a bunch of research for parts.... I ordered brake parts..... I patched a hole in the trunk floor and in the floor behind the driver's seat..... I welded that floor panel in.... and I messed with the patch panel for the floor in front of the driver's seat. I know that does not sound like much, but it took probably 10 hours or more. Interestingly, none of it is cosmetic. No one will ever see the time and effort I am putting into this part, but is all mechanical and safety related - so well worth the effort. I am gonna drive that thing this spring - that is the goal.
3. I was not cheering for New England in the Super Bowl..... can't stand them. However, I will give them credit for one of the greatest comebacks I have ever seen. Wow!
4. I did not expect anything from Lady Gaga in the SB halftime show.... and she ended up being better than I expected. I guess that is not hard when you expect nothing. Sort of like going to a movie that you think will be stupid - it usually seems better than you thought simply cause it didn't stink as badly as you thought it would. I think that is what happened here - but I am glad for that - because I have really hated some of the halftime shows.
5. I am just sort of whispering this part because I do not want to be too hasty..... but my shoulder injury is almost healed! (Shhhhh) It has not hurt all day and it hardly hurt at all this weekend even with all the stuff I was doing in the garage. Another week of this and I will be ready to be called up to the Toronto Maple Leafs (I know they were just waiting for the medical report so......)
Well - that is it. Had fun watching the Super bowl with Sari and now we are off into another week. I hope it is a good one for you! :)
1 comment:
Sounds like a good weekend to me! Looking forward to our girls coming home next week!
Post a Comment