Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day (blog 15 of 30)

I get why people don't like Valentine's Day.  I understand the whole "made up holiday" and "just a why to sell cards and junk you don't really need" and "If Valentine's Day is the only day I tell someone I love them, then we have trouble" reasoning.

I get it and I sort of think that is true.  On the other hand......

Today has made me think about love.  Specifically the fact that I have been part of a family that has loved me since I was born.... the fact that I now have a wife that loves me..... that I love and am loved by my own little family.... and that I have a lot of support and love from those around me who are not blood relatives, but are family none-the-less.

That is not to say that things have always been smooth and easy all the time, but love has seen me (and us) through a lot of stuff and has made the journey better.

So today (in relatively chronological order) I am thankful for my mom, my brother and sister, Sara, Katelyn and Megan, Sara's family and for a lot of other people who have been connected to my life in the past and for many more who still are connected in various ways.

If all today does is make you stop and say, "I have been blessed" then maybe Valentine's Day is worth it after all.

It has been for me!  :)

No comments: