Tuesday, March 28, 2017

I am glad they warned me!/The Happiness Project (Reminder #2)

I don't know how well you can read this, but it is the label from a barbecued chicken that I bought yesterday.



Notice the 3rd line says...... "Heat to 165 F or 74 C".  Then it says, "Be careful as the chicken will be hot!"

Am I ever glad they cleared that up for me!!!   I am always getting the oven and the freezer confused, so I wasn't sure what was going to happen when it was done!

Maybe the steam coming off of it or the fact that it is a ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE DEGREE PILE OF MEAT should have clued me in...... but I am glad that they reminded me anyway.

Look further down.... they do it again under the microwave instructions.

I am thinking that if you do not know that it will be hot, maybe you should not be playing with the oven unsupervised!  :)
________________________

Disconnect from the Drama  (Reminder #2)

Good baseball players do not swing at every pitch.  They know that they do not always have to react.

Happy people know that too.

Thanks to cellphones, Facebook and the internet, we know more about each other than ever before.  I know what you think.... where you go..... what music you like.... and even how you spend your money.

The lines between what is public and what is private have blurred to the point that they have almost disappeared..... and that is not good!

Happy people have boundaries and they know that........

1.  They don't have to share or know everything.  Long ago a friend told me that their family shares things on a "need to know" basis.  They weren't trying to be rude.  They just realized that too much information is not good.

2. They don't have to have an opinion about everything.  Because we know more about one another than ever, we have come to believe that it is our job to comment on the choices other's make. However, the truth is that it is none of my business where you vacation, or who your favorite musician is or what you had for lunch.

So..... get off of Facebook.  Put your phone down.  Stop commenting on what everyone else is doing or not doing and go live your own life!

As in baseball....... Sometimes the best reaction is no reaction!

No comments: