Sunday, March 26, 2017

Musical schizophrenia and Introducing the Happiness Project

I has been a good weekend for music in our lives.

Saturday we were in Moose Jaw having lunch when this group of musicians came in and started playing Celtic music.  It was great!  Here is a small sample.......


And then on Sunday afternoon we went and heard the Regina Symphony orchestra at the high school in town.  It was interesting to think that people have been listening to this music for hundreds of years.

For example, they played Mozart's symphony number 29 which he finished on April 6, 1774.... so basically 243 years ago,  Oh.... and he was 18 years old at the time!  Here is that piece if you want to give it a bit of a listen.


Both were very interesting and cool in their own way.  Very nice!
______________________
Many years ago.... like maybe 15.... Sara found a book called "100 Simple Secrets of Happy People". Written by Dr David Niven, it contained very short articles outlining various activities that promote happiness.  Click here if you would like to learn more about it.

Anyway, I think she bought about 10 of these books to give away at Christmas time and I ended up with one.  Since that time, I have probably read this book more than 50 times.  In fact, I read one tip per day at the start of every day in the office, just to remind myself how I want to be and how I want to think.  As I have done that, I have often thought, "I need to adapt this and share it somehow".

Here is the thing:  I and so sick of the negative, whiny, complainy attitudes around me (and sometimes even in me)!!!     Generally, life is not that bad!  And even if it is, complaining and being negative is not going to help anything.

So I am starting what I am calling "The Happiness Project".  Every day I am going to blog something from our lives (sort of like "30 blogs in 30 days") but I am also going to share a reminder or a tip that will help us see life in a more positive way.  If I have nothing else to write, I will share the tip anyway.

I will try to post one every weekday, but my real goal is going to be about 5/week until I run out of stuff (and I have collected a lot of tips).

I promise these thoughts will be short, quick to read and easy to start doing right away.

Would you like some happiness and to see the world in a better way?  Me too!  Maybe we can remind and help each other.

The Happiness Project - starting tomorrow!

No comments: