As you can see, Sari was in the paper again last week. This was really cool, though, because it involved one of the Separate (Catholic) Schools in town. They chose her program to receive the proceeds from a cookie sale done by the Kindergarten class to teach them about alms giving at Lent.
In fact, they had her come to one of their morning chapel times and then praised the good work she and her volunteers do in looking after the kids of Hillcrest. It was quite something! Very affirming and very nice!
________________
THE HAPPINESS PROJECT: The Preamble
It would be really easy to simply complain about the complainers, but (a) that does nothing but add to the complaining and (b) it does nothing to change me or make me better...... so today is the start of something new and better.
Every day I am going to share a simple reminder that you can use to make your life happier and give you a better outlook. As mentioned last night, this all stems from a book Sara found about 10 years ago. It is backed up not only by common sense and scientific study, but in most cases, scripture as well.
My intentions are simple....
1. To provide a positive action that anyone can start doing right away to change themselves for the better
2, To make sure they are short and quick to read. I want you to be able remember these things, so they will be less than four short lines most of the time.
Last disclaimer: I offer these things not because I have learned them, but because I need to learn them. (In fact, at lunch today Sara said, "Dude, you sound really negative! Tell me something good!").
When I focus on the negative, it makes me miserable and it makes those around me miserable. Fortunately, I have a choice. So, this is the start of making better choices.
Below is the first reminder and the format of things to come. Enjoy! Give these things a try. Use the comment section and share how it is going.
Ready - go!
________________________
Reminder #1: You are here to make things better
Anyone can criticize. Tearing things apart is easy. Pointing out mistakes doesn't fix them; it simply makes them more noticeable.
Nothing is gained by being negative.
Happy people are convinced that are here to make things better. They believe that they can change things and that even small changes in the right direction make a positive impact.
So why not try? Compliment someone. Smile at a stranger. Get to know your neighbours.
Intentionally focus on the good, because what you focus on, grows.
No comments:
Post a Comment