First this.......
I don't know why I thought this was funny when I saw it..... maybe it just seems like they are struggling to make it sound interesting or important or something.....
"Question Period is the top program on TV!"
"Well, ok, it is the top program on CTV at least" (We are not talking about those US stations. They have a lot of shows that are better than Question Period, obviously!).
"Come to think of it, even CTV has shows that are much better than Question Period, so I guess we could say that it is the top political program on CTV!"
"Then again, there is that show on Thursday from Ottawa. It is really good..... so let's say that Question Period is the top political program on CTV on Sunday!"
"You know, though, that Ottawa show only runs every other week, so let's point out that Question Period is the top weekly Sunday Political show"
"You are kidding me!?? There is a higher rated political show on CTV on Sunday night???? Well, fine, just write that we are Canada's top weekly political show on Sunday morning"
In fact I think they were going to go with....
"Question Period: Canada's top weekly Sunday morning political program that does not have a dog on it but does have two guys named Doug - which gets sort of confusing sometimes - that is shot with more than two cameras but less than five in a room that is 20 degrees Celsius or less" - but they ran out of room.
______________________
We will now also ask that you rise, remove your hats and observe a moment of silence for the Toronto Maple Leafs who played a very fun style of hockey and ran the best team in the league to 6 games before running out of gas and getting bounced from the playoffs tonight (sniff, sniff!)
Oh well! At least now I will get back a huge part of my life. I have sat on the couch watching hockey so much lately, I almost got enfolded into it.
Oh - wait - the Oilers are still playing right????? :)
__________________________
The Happiness Project: Reminder #17 Don't think "What if"
Spending your time imagining what would have been if you had changed various decisions that you made in your life is counterproductive and only leaves you unhappy. We need to learn from our past, but it is more important to dwell on what you can do to make the future better. Don't waste your present days thinking about how you could have changed the past.
However you got to this point, you are where you are and all you can do now is choose where you want to end up.
Happy people think about what can be changed and made better, not that which is done and gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment