Sunday, April 16, 2017

Victoria, BC (Pictures and video)

This past week, one of our former church members passed away and his family graciously asked if I would come to Victoria and do his funeral service for him.  I had a really nice time with this family (in many ways, they are like family to Sara and me) and I was really glad to be there.

While it was not at all the point of the trip, there was a little bit of time to go sightseeing.  As well, one of the family members organized a whale watching touring for about 20 of them, so I got in on that too.

Here are a few pictures and some video of the trip.

The view out my hotel room window on the only day we saw the sun (and that was only for about an hour- it was cold!!!)

Walking along the shore



Down in the harbour

I liked the floating houses.  Even stopped and talked about them with a lady who was out painting her flower boxes (They are on city water and sewer - just in case you were interested as I was)

We had some visitors

On the whale watching boat.  This is part of the cabin.  You could watch from inside or walk all the way around the outside on the deck


Sea lions in the sun (or what there was for sun)


The top boat was the one we were on

And some short videos 



I was treated really well and was very glad that I not only got to participate in the service and be with the family, but most of all, to have just been part of their lives.  Over the years, they blessed my family more than they know.

No comments: