Saturday, May 13, 2017

A Quick Update/The Happiness Project Reminder #25

Just a quick weekend update for all y'alls.......

Sara spent most of the last two days working in the yard.  You should see it...... it is beautiful.  Come on down and sit in a our backyard for a while and listen to the 9679376376897 birds she has drawn in back there.  It is really nice.

Speaking of birds, Megan took some pictures of some beautiful yellow finches..... I will try to get those downloaded and posted tomorrow.

Megan is enjoying her last few days of freedom before she starts work on Tuesday so she had a buddy over for a sleepover/hangout last night.

Katie and Kendall went to Regina today as they had a bunch of running around to get done (some wedding related - some not).

Sara and the three kids all went to garage sales last night.  I was going to go, but then I remembered that I sort of hate garage sales.   In fact, I went the week before and half way through, I walked home. I like swap meets where you may see some automotive stuff or some antique interesting stuff..... driving around town to look at a bunch of stuff that should have been thrown out is not that appealing to me (though I will say they did come home with some interesting things).

And me - well I spent most of the weekend working on my project car.  In fact, I cut and welded up my exhaust system up to the muffler  (I still need to buy a tail pipe for it yet - or build one) and installed it.

Then, today, I was out there and I thought, "I wonder how it sounds now" so I dumped some gas in it and ........ it was so nice!!!   In fact, hearing it has made me want to get the thing on the road as soon as possible (not that I wasn't working toward that - but you know).  Anyway, it was nice to see things coming together and feel like there may be a reward coming.

Then I did a bunch of small jobs for Sara - things that she has wanted done but I had not had time to do until now.... and that was most of the day.

It is fun to get away and see new things, but sometimes it is just fun to be home and get stuff done!
____________________
The Happiness Project:  Reminder #25

Someone I follow on twitter posted this from "Life Advice".  If everyone did these 7 things, we would be a long way to something better.

Habits of happy people: 1 don't show off 2 talk less 3 learn daily 4 help less fortunate 5 laugh more 6 ignore nonsense 7 no entitlement

No comments: