Sunday, May 21, 2017

One man's junked car is another man's treasure

Those of you who religiously follow this blog (and why wouldn't you?) will remember that my buddy Nathan rounded up a parts car for my 1973 Dodge Dart Swinger project.  The parts car looked like this......


Well, today Nathan and I went out and starting gathering things I could use from that car and ended up with this pile (and a bunch more stuff in the box that I was just too lazy to display or that just did not make it in the picture)

A perfect grill, signal light lenses, a gauge cluster, rearview mirror, all kinds of trim pieces (inside and out), tail light lenses, a steering wheel and a bunch of other odds and ends that I need now or could possibly use later.

And - the best part - this is just the first go-around.  There is a lot more good stuff out there.

Proving once again - one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Or it proves that it is good to know a guy who knows a guy who has what you need.

Or it is good to have a buddy like Nathan.  :)

No comments: