I (Tim) turned 48 today.
I do not tell you that so that you will wish me a happy birthday or tell me how great I am (though the comments section is open below - just saying), but I point that out to say this...... I enjoyed my birthday this year!
In the past, I have not paid any attention to birthdays. In fact, I normally ask, "Why would you give me gifts on my birthday? You should be giving stuff to my mom as she is the one that did all the work. I didn't even get dressed for the occasion!"
But I enjoyed today.
It started with nice cards from my three girls...... then I had a really enjoyable visit with my mommy on the phone..... it continued with one of my church buddies bringing me a Strawberry Sundae as an afternoon snack...... then a supper out (which my future son in law secretly paid for)..... back home for cake and a very nice gift...... I got a small portable battery charger/battery booster that I can throw in my saddlebags and use on bike trips. I have thought for a long time that I would like to have one.... now I do!
I was going to post some pictures but our email account is having issues for some reason so I can't send them to the computer - but I will post some again tomorrow.
So the Happiness lesson for the day..... enjoy the blessings and the kind, thoughtful people in your life - not just on your birthday, but everyday.
Turns out, birthdays are not so bad after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment