Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day/Pictures/The Happiness Project #26

It is "Mother's Day".   Around our house, we normally do not do much for either this day or "Father's Day" (cards with mushy stuff written in them etc) but I just wanted to say that Sara and I are super thankful for our mothers and all they have done for us.... and I am really thankful for Sara and all wonderful things she brings to our family. 

I hope you had a good mother, or found someone to step into that role for you, because they make a tremendous difference not just when you are a kid but all through life.

Anyway - we basically hung out this afternoon and so Sara got her camera out and took a few pictures.  I think (if I remember right) the yellow birds are Golden Finches - I think they are beautiful.  The one with the red on him is a Rose Breasted Grosbeak - just so you know.

I never really noticed birds till Sara started pointing them out to me - but they are cool (PS.  The first picture contains only flowers - no birds - so don't strain yourself trying to find one)





As I said yesterday, it is our own little "Wild Kingdom" in the backyard.  You should hear it at night.  Beautiful!
_______________________________
The Happiness Project:  Use Ambition Wisely

C S Lewis once said, "Ambition! If it means the desire to get ahead of other people…then it is bad. If it means simply wanting to do a thing well, then it is good".

Happy people are not in constant competition.  (And I bet that I am the first one to post that today!  Wooooooooo!!!!!!!....... see what I did there?  I turned a quote about not trying to beat everyone into a....... oh never mind!)  :)


No comments: