______________________________________________________________
A couple of weeks ago when Sari was on a school trip to Saskatoon, I got up a little early, looked out the window and saw a guy sitting in a little car in front of our house. I didn't think a lot about it.
However, 1/2 hour later he was still there.
An hour later, he was still there.
When the kids went out to get in their car, I watched from the window to make sure they got in and got away safely (who knows right?). Then I went to the garage, got in my truck, drove around front, parked behind the guy and while pretending to talk on my cell phone, wrote down his license plate number..... just in case.
When I drove off, he had been sitting there for more than an hour and a half - just hanging out. Who knows how long he actually sat there, or what he was doing, but when I came home for lunch he was gone.
Fast forward a couple of weeks and Sari calls me.... "That car that was sitting in front of the house that day, what did it look like?" When I described it she said, "I think he is sitting out there again" (this time at about 8:30 at night).
She decided to phone the police.
They were there in a matter of minutes.... lights flashing lighting up the whole block. The cop gets out, talks to the guy for a while and then COMES WALKING UP OUR SIDEWALK!!!
Sari is like, "NO YOU BONEHEAD!!! NOW HE WILL KNOW WHO RATTED HIM OUT AND HE IS GOING TO COME IN AND KILL US AFTER YOU LEAVE!!!"
The cop comes to the door and says, "Are you the one who called in the suspicious car?"
Sari said, "Yes"
He said, "Well, you don't have to worry. He is one of us, but he is not after you"...... and then he turns around and leaves.
Now, that raises two points......
1. Considering the lengthy record that the "Pippus" family has with law enforcement, it is a good day when the police come to your door and say, "We are not here for you". :)
2. What is going on in our neighbourhood that needs this kind of surveillance?
Estevan.... never a dull moment! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment