Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Happy Birthday Megan!

So, it is Megan's birthday today.... a time of more growing up.   :(

Don't get me wrong:  I love my girls and every stage with them has been lots of fun.  I mean that.... every stage!  Especially now that they are young ladies, it is fun to joke with them...do things with them... to hear about their friends and their days..... it is just a cool experience.   As I write this, Megan is out with her mom and she is driving for the first time!  OUR BABY IS DRIVING!!!!  LEGALLY!!!!

But I sometimes miss the little kids.... watching them to learn to ride their bikes.... playing catch in the green space behind the house... playing on the jungle gym and the swings at the school playground.... going to plays and track days at school..... cute little dresses and shoes.... ponytails.... and (in Megan's case) hair that stood up straight and all over the place for the first year or more no matter what you did to it.  :)

I may be biased...... but I think we have two of the nicest, sweetest, kindest, most beautiful, Godly girls in the world living in our house (mostly thanks to their beautiful, kind, sweet, nice mother) and as much as I am enjoying watching them grow up.... I am not at the same time.

So "Happy Birthday Megan" (and to you too Katie.... I was not blogging when your birthday came around).   I am proud of you both.  I love who you are and who you are becoming.

But don't grow up too fast, k?    I am not ready to let my "Little girls" go just yet!  :)

 



 






4 comments:

Justin Mooney said...

Happy Birthday to Megan. And by "I am ready to let my "Little girls" go just yet!" I assume you meant "not ready". Or was that a Freudian slip? Hmmm? You already planning on making a naked room in your house once the girls are gone?? Hmmm??

TKP said...

Ah - good catch!

Yes - I did mean "not ready"... I will fix that.

The problem....

1. I wrote that sentence several times trying to say what I wanted to say... so it lost a word in editing

2. It was a little hard to see the screen when I was typing that part so..... :)

Thanks!

Justin Mooney said...

I hear ya. I sometimes get sad thinking about my boys growing up and leaving and they are only 4 and 7.

Jen Mooney said...

Ya - I'm in tears after leaving the triplets at their kindergarten orientation day this morning. I even thought of you and what a mess I'll be when it's graduation. I think of you all often and I agree (and tell people all the time) that you have the sweetest girls. You should be proud. Love you all!!