I do not watch many TV shows. I watch lots of hours of TV... football, hockey, racing, news - SpongeBob SquarePants (Seriously, I love SB - he is fffunnnnnyyy!!!! Check him out sometime).... but I never, ever watch just plain old TV shows. No sitcoms (other than Seinfeld re-runs) - no reality shows - certainly no bonehead talk shows...... nothing! Until three weeks ago.
I am hooked on................. can I say it......... "Dancing with the Stars" (there I said it - are you happy now?????)
I have no rhythm - anyone who has seen me at a wedding dance would know that (it doesn't stop me - but it should) so I am just really impressed with people who can dance. I think it is interesting too to watch people who have been successful in other aspects of life trying to figure out how to dance well. I mean, it is one thing not to trip and kill yourself and (apparently) it is another thing to do the dance properly. I admire people who can put themselves in strange and uncomfortable situations - things that they are not used to - and do it anyway.
I really liked last week when two couples did the "Jitterbug" - If I had three wishes......... well being able to do the Jitterbug would not be one of them... but it might make the top 433. I am impressed with people who can do a fast dance like that and make it look graceful. That is cool!
So (if you are still reading) - the reader poll of the night...... for $10 in fake money (come to think of it, since it is fake money - make it a million dollars)....... which "Star" do I like the most? You can only guess once - winner to be revealed later when I have nothing else to write about! :)
PS. A bonus million to the first person to tell me that I need to get a life! Are you ready??? GO!
8 comments:
Well thank goodness for the fact that I am the queen of procrastination--I have taken yet another break from the mountain of paperwork I am muddling through, so am fortunate to be the one to tell you to "get a life"--so, get a life! There, 'nuf said! Now where's my fake money? I suppose you're going to tell me that the (fake) cheque is in the mail?! I'm so excited--I'm (fake) rich!
By the way, before you make some sad joke about it being Kurt who left you the post about being "the queen of procrastination", I'll clear things up for everyone...the previous comment was from the wife of Lenny, not Lenny himself.
Tracy
Is this part of the assignment in getting ready to dance at a certain holiday wedding we will both be attending? 'Cause your FIL is not interested in trying to learn even to waltz and I'm not certain I even can visualize what it takes to get it done. I am surprised at this facet of your life, though, and will look forward to seeing the results...and yes, I am reading your blog almost daily right now...
kay!! - love that show. I have no idea who you would like - it depends on which way you go with it. I haven't decided myself but I'm thrilled to have a 'girlfriend' to talk to about it :)
My fav. dance last night was Lance and Lacy. They were givin'er.
So - for the fun of it I'll say you like....hmmm......how about Maurice Green (I really have no idea. I'm sure Brooke isn't the bottom of your list either!)
Good for you Tim, you're not the only guy out there that watches it either, Paul & I watch it every week. Yes Lance & Lacy were awesome weren't they?!?!
I have to ask you if your favorite dancer is a celebrity dancer or a star than I'll give you my guess. Chow for now,
CQ
My favorite "pro" right now is Julianne (the one who had the operation this week) but I am asking for my favorite "non-pro" (Guess both which male and which female I like the most and win $10 000 000 fake dollars) :)
I actually was going to guess Julianne Huff for your dancer. Now for a star Male I'm going to say Warn Sapp & female Brooke Burke. Did I get them right, huh, did I did I?!?!
Crystal Q that is
Post a Comment