So I am in Regina on Thanksgiving weekend and I tell my buddy Justin that I am going to buy a snow blower b/c if I don't I will never get into my garage this year (by the way, garage update coming soon for all you "Garage fans").
Justin says, "I saved one for you!" He went on to explain that Sara's cousin (Dwight) had an old snow blower that he wanted to get rid of - so Justin told him to keep it for me. Justin did not know that I wanted one, just that I liked goofing around with small engines and stuff.
So I picked up this snow blower this past weekend and it is great! Best free snow blower I have ever been given! It is about 20 years old, but Dwight said that it worked well and he was not kidding. I poured about 2 cups of gas in the tank tonight, turned on the gas, set it to run, set the choke, pulled the cord about 1/4 of the way out - and it started - first pull!!!!!
So of course I had to put it in gear, drive it out the garage door and try it out - so here I am going up and down the back alley shifting gears - putting in the clutch on each side and doing power turns - trying out the auger to see it if works (if it throws snow like it threw the few rocks I picked up - it will be super good). I am not sure what the neighbours thought about me snow blowing the back alley when it was +14 today - but they will be happy come first snow fall and I am out there cleaning out the entire neighbourhood! :)
The only problem: the electric starter is stuck - so I need to fix that - or not. If it keeps starting on 1/4 pull who cares about electric start? And it is a Toro so it just may keep going and going and going.
So now I am praying for snow - or I may just go buy several bags of marshmallows - spread them out in the alley and blow them around - gotta get some practice before the real thing right? :)
PS. Not too many guesses for my "Dancing with the Stars" favorite yet (See post below). Tracy did cash in (very quickly I might add - as if she has been wanting to tell me to get a life for a long time) on the one fake one million dollar prize - so that is nice. Your fake cheque is in the fake mail! :) All will be revealed tomorrow - so guess now and tune in then.
PPS. Pictures of the garage, snow blower, garage wiring, new gas line all coming too (I know - it is really exciting but try to get some sleep anyway!)
No comments:
Post a Comment